If you have questions or comments about the materials, please e-mail us.
Welcome to the For Your InFARMation teacher's resource page!
Free teacher resources about Ohio livestock farming provided by the Ohio Livestock Coalition.
We hope you will find the materials below helpful in teaching your classes about the origins of the food they eat every day and livestock farming in Ohio.
These materials meet Ohio state standards, including: RI.3.1, RI.3.2, RI.3.4, RI.3.7, 3.MD.B., W.3.2, and more for third grade and have been reviewed by a curriculum consultant who is also a third-grade teacher in Ohio. Please feel free to download and duplicate these materials as needed for your use in your classroom.
Student's Guide (8 total pages)
Teacher's Guide (6 total pages)
Smart board lessons are available!
ADDITIONAL FREE RESOURCES
• Click here to learn about and watch videos about Ohio farmers.
• Take a video field trip to an Ohio dairy farm by watching "A Day at the Farm."
• Click here to watch videos about Ohio hog farmers.
• Explore Ohio's beef industry by clicking here.
• Discover the more than 200 crops and animals grown in Ohio at Our Ohio.
• Click here to meet Ohio egg farmers and learn about egg production.
Win a free field trip to a farm and $250 for classroom supplies for your entire class!
Do you want your students to experience an Ohio livestock farm firsthand? We are giving away a free, all-expenses-paid field trip for the class with the winning essay in our For Your InFARMation essay contest. Plus, the teacher of the winning essay also will receive a $250 gift card for classroom supplies.
View a short video from a previous field trip.
Materials provided by the For Your InFARMation program are for the express use of teachers in Ohio,